The learner will
- Understanding discrimination with regard to race, gender, ability and sexuality.
- Understanding equal opportunities.
- Understanding ways of challenging discrimination.
- Identifying support agencies in his/hers area.
- Identifying ways of combating discrimination in practice.
- Identifying ways to use resources to challenge inequality.
The learner can
- List examples of oppressive situations using the media.
- List examples of discrimination which have negative effects on their own community. Look at ways of combating this.
- Collect examples of anti-oppressive practice Give examples of unacceptable language.
- Look at own language and discuss ways to ensure it is non– oppressive.
- Give examples of unacceptable behavior look at own behavior and discuss ways to ensure it is non-oppressive
- Name two support agencies in their area and identify why they are important to young people.
- Give a brief description of the needs of young people who may potentially be excluded when organising an event.
- Gather information to challenge oppressive comments, Attitude and behavior.
Key: P = Prescribed – This assessment method must be used to assess the unit.
O = Optional – This assessment method could be used to assess the unit.
This unit offers clear opportunities for learners to provide evidence of achievements in Key Skills achievements in the following area/areas: