The learner will:
- Gain an understanding of discrimination with regards to race, gender ability and sexuality.
- Gain an understanding of equal opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of challenging discrimination.
- Gain an understanding of support agencies.
The learner can:
- Recognise and describe situations of oppression (from own experience).
- Identify examples of stereotypes which can lead to discrimination.
- Recognise and discuss different forms of anti-oppressive practice.
- Recognise unacceptable language and discuss its effect on society.
- Look at own language and discuss ways to ensure it is non-oppressive.
- Recognise unacceptable behavior and discuss it’s effect on society.
Key: P = Prescribed – This assessment method must be used to assess the unit.
O = Optional – This assessment method could be used to assess the unit.
This unit offers clear opportunities for learners to provide evidence of achievements in Key Skills achievements in the following area/areas: